This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes.
Note: Applicant is not permitted to engage in any occupation or employment.
2. Documents Required:
- Passport, travel document or certificate of identity with validity not less than 6 months (Damaged, invalid or altered passports will not be accepted).
- Visa application form completely filled out with applicant's signature.
- Recent( 2"x 2") photograph of the applicant (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat or from vending machine will not be accepted)
- A copy of round-trip ticket or itinerary
- A prepaid Express post envelop must be included for the return for the passport.
- A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to no less than $ 2,000.
- If you do not hold a Canadian passport, please consult this link for more information. (Click here)
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.
3. Validity of a visa
The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry) or 6 months (multiple entries).
4. Period of stay
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
5. Extension of stay
Those who wish to extend their visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (please visit http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
6. Tourist visa fee
CAD 50.00 (single entry) / CAD 250.00 (multiple entries)
How to make visa fee payments:
- If application is submitted by mail or in person, please pay by money order only payable to Royal Thai Embassy. Personal cheques, company cheques, debit cards and credit cards are not accepted.